Missing teeth can affect the way you speak, chew and look. Addressing missing teeth is key to restoring full function and beauty to your natural smile. With advances in modern dentistry, there are more solutions available than ever before to address missing teeth. One of the most common solutions to restore a full mouth of teeth are dentures and partial dentures.
Patients may require dentures or partials for a number of different reasons, including:
- Missing a full mouth or arch of teeth
- To improve the smile and facial aesthetic
- Restore the ability to speak and chew confidently
- Improve self-confidence
At McLeansville Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Quinn Woodruff offers dentures, implant dentures, and partials for patients seeking a long-lasting, natural solutions for tooth loss. Our McLeansville, NC dentist office offers customized treatment plans and high-quality solutions for patients with missing teeth.
Types of Dentures
Our office offers a full range of denture options to fit your budget, dental needs, and cosmetic goals. Dr. Woodruff will examine your smile and determine which solution best suits your needs.
Like with any tooth replacement options, it is important for dentures to fit comfortably, securely, and naturally in the mouth. Our team takes a comprehensive approach to restorative care to ensure the needs of our patients are met. Depending on your needs, we may recommend a fixed or removable denture. In many cases, a fixed denture offers more stability than a removable denture.
When deciding between fixed and removable dentures, patients may want to consider these key factors:
- Lifestyle: In some cases, certain medications or conditions can affect the success of dental implants; in those cases, a removable denture may be a better solution to your smile. During your visit, we will discuss your options and help you choose the best solution for your needs.
- Gum health: When the teeth are lost, patients are at a higher risk of developing gum. Patients with poor gum health are often not ideal candidates for dental implants.
- Jaw bone health: In order to receive implants patients should have an adequate amount of healthy bone structure. If necessary, our team can coordinate bone or sinus grafting to better prepare the implant site.
What To Expect During The Dentures Process
The process for placing a denture will depend on whether the denture is secured by dental implants or removable.
If you are receiving removable dentures, it will require 2-3 visist to our dental office. During the first appointment, impressions of the teeth are taken and a temporary denture is placed to protect the gums while you wait. Once the dentures are ready, they are carefully fitted and placed in the mouth. Dr. Woodruff will discuss all aftercare instructions to ensure you are getting the most out of your new dental appliance.
For implant dentures, we will coordinate your care with a local oral surgeon for the placement of the implants. Dr. Woodruff restores implants in our McLeansville dentist office.
Once the implants are placed, impressions of the teeth are taken for the fabrication of your custom denture. During the final appointment, the denture is fitted and permanently secured to the dental implants.
Dentures in McLeansville, NC
Are you missing multiple teeth or a full mouth of teeth? Visit McLeansville Family & Cosmetic Dentistry to determine if implant dentures or traditional dentures are right for you.
If you would like to schedule your restorative dentistry consultation today, call 336.506.6545 or request an appointment online.